BRANDchise is designed for brand owners, their marketing managers, and their legal counsel. It assesses your brand’s attractiveness to prospective customers, and pinpoints any risks to brand reputation and financial value. Equally importantly, it identifies any current risks of trade-mark infringement and depreciation that can threaten the value of the business.
BRANDchise evaluates the following key factors:
- Consumer perception of your brand and key competitor brands
- The social media “buzz”
- Quality of service
- Consumer demand in potential new markets
- Needs of current and potential franchisees
- Current risks of trade-mark infringement and depreciation
Our research methods are cost-effective, integrated, and tailored to each assessment. Quality controls ensure that all research is sufficient as expert evidence, if necessary, in the event of legal dispute. These methods may include:
- Customer and franchisee surveys
- Mystery shopping
- Social Media monitoring
- Investigative Internet searches
- Confidential audits of your company’s protection and enforcement policies
BRANDchise is customized to your specific business needs and offers three optional components:
Documents and Values the Intellectual Property of your Brand
A systematic identification of your brand’s rights, protection mechanisms, documented corporate strategies, and potential financial value.
A BrandAudit produces an important and practical management document that:
- Confirms the extent of legal protection of brands as used by the organization, and identifies gaps that need to be addressed
- Identifies compromises to brand consistency, and any competitive threats to the brand, and recommends steps to reduce the risk of brand depreciation
- Identifies untapped opportunities for financial gain
- Provides essential information for potential bank financing, mergers, acquisitions, or joint ventures
Measures the reputation and distinctiveness of your brand by creating a scorecard of the following factors:
Through market measurement tools, Brand Distinction produces a scorecard of the following factors:
- Brand awareness
- Brand loyalty
- Sales momentum
- Consumers’ ability to link brand indicia (such as logos and other trade-marks) to your company
- Competitive positioning, including competitive comparisons of service and satisfaction
- Traditional media, Internet, and social media mentions, and their context
- Franchisee satisfaction
These measurements are extremely valuable for marketing plans, and any future trade-mark / dispute negotiation or litigation.
Monitors the social buzz and 3rd party usage of your brand to generate “early warning signals” of threats.
A weekly or monthly report provides prompt notification of the following:
- Introduction of a similar brand name by another company in a related business, or attempts to register a trade-mark or domain name similar to your own
- Disparaging use of your brand by another company or person
- Consumer sentiment, positive or negative, as expressed unprompted on websites, social media and blogs
- Traditional media reports, positive or negative
You can’t manage what you don’t measure. BRANDchise is a tool to build on your tried-and-true formula for success. It gives you the opportunity to proactively manage your brand and reputation, and address threats before they take shape.
BRANDchise assists management, corporate counsel, and the board of directors to meet the strategic goals of the company. It uncovers today’s risks and provides relevant information to attracting acustomers. It also helps establish a process of documenting essential information for the ongoing protection of your brand.
Above all, BRANDchise offers practical, common-sense reporting, with action-oriented recommendations for your brand’s growth and protection.